Stefanutti Stocks is a leading civil engineering construction contractor that delivers quality infrastructure projects to clients across South Africa and Southern Africa.
We construct the full spectrum of public and industrial civil infrastructure and undertake contracts in the transport (road, rail, and air), energy generation, heavy industrial, oil & gas, water (dams, conveyance, storage, effluent and water treatment plants), and mining sectors.
In addition to our expertise in the construction of new concrete structures (such as bridges, storage silos, dam walls, precast rail infrastructure, etc.) we also offer substantial experience in structural concrete rehabilitation and concrete repair. Furthermore, we offer niche services that include concrete slip-forming, incremental launch bridge construction and innovative precast construction solutions.
excellence in execution
As part of the multidisciplinary Stefanutti Stocks construction group we are able to offer clients a full-service package on multidisciplinary construction projects, as well as a single point of responsibility for project delivery.
Contract Execution Models
We execute our civil projects through a variety of project execution models including conventional tendering, design and construct, EPC, collaboration, alliancing, and negotiated projects. Where possible we prefer to interact with clients in the early project development stages in order to offer pre-construction engineering services, to provide constructability insights and to do value engineering. This enables our clients to derive maximum benefit for the contract execution.
Pockets of Excellence
Concrete Rehabilitation: In addition to constructing greenfield civils projects we offer particular expertise in the field of maintenance, structural concrete repair and rehabilitation for mining, industrial, petrochemical, power, water, transport, and building clients. The offering includes specific technical solutions for this type of work at height. Our economical repair strategies and market-leading technologies ensure that existing and aging infrastructure assets stay in service for their intended lifespan
Water Infrastructure: Stefanutti Stocks offers the Water, Sanitation and Pipeline sector across Sub-Saharan Africa a one-stop project construction and engineering solution for the development, construction and delivery of national, regional, municipal and township water infrastructure
Civils Discipline Capabilities
- Caisson floating and installation,
- Civil works, bridges (conventional, precast, incrementally launched, cable-stayed, balanced cantilever etc.), and transport infrastructure (road, rail, container terminals, airport aprons and taxiways),
- Concrete rehabilitation, repair and waterproofing,
- Industrial, petrochemical and mining plant repair and renovation under shut down or live conditions,
- Desalination infrastructure,
- Precast concrete,
- Reinforced concrete construction,
- Specialist civil mine infrastructure (process plants, shaft development etc.),
- Specialist water and waste-water civil infrastructure (water and waste-water treatment plants, pump stations and associated infrastructure, concrete dams, and reservoirs),
- Materials handling balance of plant,
- Energy infrastructure (power plants: coal-fired, gas, etc.), renewable energy,
- Petrochemical plants, industrial plants (cement) and industrial factories, and
- Environmental rehabilitation and management projects.
Please visit our project section, via the below links to view some of our long-term projects:
The award-winning mine infrastructure project – the Precast Bunkers and Overland Conveyor Foundations – in Secunda, was undertaken by Stefanutti Stocks’ Civils Discipline for Sandvik Mining and Construction (Pty) Limited between February 2013 and June 2016.
This successful concrete rehabilitation project, located in Johannesburg, South Africa was undertaken by Stefanutti Stocks Inland: Civils Discipline between 6 July 2020 – 30 November 2021 and achieved a LTIFR of zero.
This premier water infrastructure project located in Khayelitsha in the Western Cape, was undertaken for the City of Cape Town by the Stefanutti Stocks Coastal region. The duration of the contract runs between November 2018 and November 2022.
Address: Protec Park, 9 Palala Street, Chloorkop, Kempton Park, 1619
Tel: +27 11 571 4300
Address: 59 Henwood Road, New Germany, Pinetown, 3610
Tel: +27 31 835 3300
Western Cape Region
Address: Manhattan Close, Airport Industria, Cape Town, 7525
Tel: +27 21 834 6700