for multidisciplinary projects
Premier Project Profile
Ndola Phase 2-Civil Works
The premier building project, Ndola Phase 2-Civil Works, located on the Copper Belt in Zambia, was undertaken by Stefanutti Stocks Zambia for Zambian Breweries between February 2018 and May 2019.
Background: The expansion project for Zambian Breweries took place in Ndola – Zambia’s second largest city, located in the Copperbelt Province and near to the Congo Border. The project scope included the shop-detailing, approval, fabrication, and erection of 270ton of structural steel. Access within the site was a challenge, however, the most challenging aspect of the project was the short period of four months within which to design, manufacture, transport to site and erect the structural steel.
The Project Scope
The original project scope included:
- Construction of:
- a canteen, a clinic, and a change house building,
- a new chemical store,
- a waste area,
- several concrete hardstands
- Extensions to the existing warehouse, and
- The demolition of all obsolete structures.
Stefanutti Stocks secured additional work (outside of the original project scope) in the form of:
- Construction of:
- a new caustic tank bund area,
- Fermentation Vessel (FV),
- Bright Beer Tank (BBT),
- De-aerated water (DAW) tank farm bases, and
- new offices for the warehouse extension.
Further on-site instructions were received, encompassing:
- relocation of the crate crusher installation,
- removal of the existing warehouse’s side cladding,
- installation of a man/machine interface handrail network, and
- refurbishing the administration building.
- 33 500m3 G5 layer works
- 27 200m3 G2 layer works
- 12 400m3 concrete
- 270ton structural steel
- 8 400m2 roof sheeting/cladding
- 9 buildings demolished
Stefanutti Stocks: Zambia
if you can dream it, we can construct it