Our commitment to occupational health and safety and our well-managed OHS framework has been recognised by external parties, who have commended the Stefanutti Stocks group for extraordinary OHS performances. Some examples include:
Building Business Unit
The business unit participated in the Master Builders Association’s annual regional and national OHS competitions and achieved the following results:
- Regional health and safety competition achievements Eastgate: First place for projects between R300 million — R500 million
- Kusile Power Station: First place for projects of R650 million and above
- Mr. Price: First place for projects between R150 million — R300 million
- Small Plant and Yard Category (Western Cape): First place
- Bluff Phase 2: Second place for projects between R25 million — R75 million
- Project Sunrise: Third place for projects between R150 million — R300 million
- Nhlanhla Mpofu (Gauteng Division) received the Safety Officer of the Year Award in the MBA North region.
- Dallas Pakkiri (KZN Division) was commended for his contribution to the industry as a Safety Manager with the SAIOSH Person of the Year for 2014/15 award.
- National health and safety competition achievements Kusile Power Station: First place for projects of R650 million and above (this is the third year in that the project has won this category which is an exceptional accomplishment).
- Eastgate: Fourth place for projects between R300 million — R500 million
- Mr. Price: Fourth place for projects between R150 million — R300 million
- 5-star Grading: All projects have been awarded 5-stars by the Master Builders Association for meeting the set measurement criteria.
M&E Business Unit
- A letter of commendation was received from MDM Engineering on the Rasimone BRPM Upgrade Project for commendable SHE performance.
- Exxaro awarded a certificate achievement to the GG10 Project team for 180 LTI-free days.
- A certificate for outstanding performance was awarded by Sasol Technology for the GOX East project in Secunda.
- Recognition was given to project employees by Technip for SHE performance on the C3 Expansion Project in Secunda.
RPM Business Unit
- RPM Business Unit – 7 000 000 LTI free hours achieved.
- Roads & Earthworks – 4 900 000 LTI free hours and in excess of 365 days without a LTI.
- Tailings division – 1 000 000 LTI free hours – 365 days without a lost time injury.
- Pipelines – 1 000 000 LTI free hours – 365 days without a lost time injury.
- Stefanutti Stocks Swaziland – 4 700 000 LTI free hours.
- A considerable reduction in the RPM Business Unit’s recordable cases from 1.75 to 0.83 from 2015 to 2016.
- FEMA award for Stefanutti Stocks Mining Services.
- Black Rock Expansion Project — Certificate of Excellence — 300 LTI-free days.
- Liqhobong Mining Development — 200 000 construction man hours without an LTI.
- A substantial increase in occupational health and safety competency training implemented such as in depth legal liability training for all legal appointees, construction regulations training as well as a range of operational training across all levels.
- An internal occupational health and safety conference was introduced in 2015 which was very well received. This was hosted again in 2016 with a variety of guest speakers and has been commended by various clients.
- Introduction of an HSE industrial theatre that has been adopted by various clients.
Structures Business Unit
Various projects have achieved their objective of zero LTIs for the past year.
- Black Rock Expansion Project — Certificate of Excellence — 300 LTI-free days
- Liqhobong Mining Development — 200 000 construction man hours without an LTI
- Amec Foster Wheeler — LP Compression Project 600 hours without a recordable case
- Lower Tugela BWSS Project 1 000 000 man hours worked without an LTI
- Reconstruction of the revetment project (East London) — 300 000 LTI-free hours
- Civil works for upgrade of firefighting system project (Cape Town) — 250 000 LTI-free hours
- Reconstruction of Maydon Wharf berth 1 – 4, 13 and 14 Project (Durban) — 750 000 LTI-free hours
- Kusile Civil Works Joint Venture (KCWJV) achieved 10-million lost time injury-free (LTIF) hours worked in July 2015